Thursday, July 20

Summer fodder

I should be noodling on Deadwood right now, as that's the only “active” show this summer that commands my attention. Battlestar, Big Love, Green Wing, Smallville, and Rome are all in hibernation — so the more reflective moments of my day should be devoted to the contemplation of exactly how much it would suck to have your eyeball pulled out by Dan Dority.

But thanks to Popwatch (via Maus) I find myself returning to the only show that even remotely challenges Deadwood for the mantle of Best Show Ever. Some industrious soul cobbled together this huge Lost map that pretty much endossiers (I just made that word up, because I'm now an unemployed editor answerable to no conscience but my own) the show's whole suite of conundra.

I love this stuff. It reminds me of “Myst” a little, because anyone who played that game will remember having to keep pages and pages of notes, including hand-drawn maps, doodles of cryptic symbols, and strange riddles to decipher. And if the minds behind this map-based consolidation of their Lost notes were enterprising as well as industrious, they'd be charging us a quarter a peek.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home