Wednesday, May 31

Getting Lost

I tell ya, all this working at not working is hard work. Time for a break.

Maus and I are off to the Islands for 12 days. Plate lunches, malasadas, and shave ice await. Neither our flight numbers nor our dates of travel include any of Hurley's numbers, so I'm fairly confident we won't end up staying at Hatch del Hanso on Dharma Bay.

I will expect to see 80° weather and Mariners in 2nd place upon my return. That clear?

By the way, congrats to Becky, whose first novel just came out. Becky's an old friend and a wickedly wry blogger (and now novelist) — and she also happens to be the one who Kevin-Baconed Maus into my life.

If I remember the chain correctly, Maus's mom's friend's daughter's ex-boyfriend's brother used to date Becky. I think that's how it goes, anyway. And somehow that translated into Maus getting a lead on a job opening on Becky's team at a local software company, where I also happened to work. I also believe Becky just landed a new job at Maus's current company. Funny how that works. What a cozy little town we have here.

Anyway, check out Becky's book. I am not in it.

1 Comments:

Blogger mailemaus said...

No, no, no. Becky was my Dad's best friend from childhood's son's best friend's ex-girlfriend. Got it?

June 22, 2006 6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home