Tuesday, December 26

Reverend Cleophus called home

In honor of the late great James Brown, as fine a toe-tappin' sermon as was ever howled from the pulpit of the Triple Rock Baptist Church of Calumet City, Illinois:

And now, people... and now, people. When I woke up this morning... I heard a disturbin' sound. I said, when I woke up this morning, people... I hearrrrrd a disturbin' sound! What I heard, was the jingle-jangle, of thouuuuusand lost souls. I'm talking about the souuuuuls, of all the men and women, departed from this life. Wait a minute! The Lorrrrrrd says the souls of us here on Earth is secret of divine life they'll not find. Because it's too late! Too late, yeah! Tooooooooo laaaaaaate for them to ever see again, the light they once chose not to follow! Don't be lost when the time comes! For the day of the Lord cometh, out of deep in the night. Amen! Amen!

DO YOU SEE THE LIGHT? DO YOU SEE THE LIGHT? HAVE YOU SEEEEEEEEEEEN THE LIGHT?

Praise God. And God bless the United States of America.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I swear, three quarters of your blog is made up of eulogies. Is Gerald Ford next? Your title could be "Who cares, he's outta there next Fall."

December 27, 2006 10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home