Friday, May 11

Chester Festus

One week!

One week to Maus's due date, that is. Which means we could be waiting around until as late as Memorial Day, or we could be on the job tonight. Chester Festus (my father's in-utero nickname for his grandson-to-be) appears to be lined up and limbered up and on his mark, and now we just have to wait for the starter's pistol.

Everything is in readiness — as far as I can tell, anyway. Probably there are a million unturned stones that won't even present themselves until after the fact, but at least the steady and unrelenting influx of packages from Babies R Us is reassuring. With this much stuff, we must be ready for anything.

Except a girl, that is. Here's hoping that ultrasound guy knows his business.

We have a nice manly name chosen and are ready to use it. Unfortunately I'm still bound by Maus's gag order, and can't give any hints.

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't even be allowed to divulge that there are two hints hidden somewhere in this post. Or even three. I mean, if there were hints hidden in this post. Which of course I'm not allowed to reveal. Whether there are hints or not, that is. I'm not allowed to say. You didn't hear it from me, OK?

5 Comments:

Blogger Brooke said...

Oh, tell me it's Festus! Please?

May 15, 2007 12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's Clark, isn't it?

May 16, 2007 11:47 AM  
Blogger Matt B. said...

Bwa ha ha ha.

OK, here's another small hint (don't tell Maus I told you!): you can get from both "Chester" and "Festus" to the real name in only two moves.

Have fun. And if you figure it out, bro, don't tell Mom.

May 16, 2007 12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good lord, it's not Dylan is it? Chester & Fetus are characters on "Gunsmoke" starring Marshal Dillon whose first name was Matt which is your first name who is also a fan of Bob Dylan...

May 16, 2007 4:08 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Chestus!

You better HOPE it's not a girl.

May 18, 2007 2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home