Tuesday, March 20

Phwew.

Big day. Busy week:

Maus and I took the cats to the vet for their pre-baby bill of health. Fabio's first time to the vet in two years, and Shmool's first time back since he killed the last vet seven years ago. We had to wheel them in, their crates stacked on a dolly like we were delivering major appliances.

The verdict: These cats, apparently, are somewhat larger than normal. And when it comes to fleas, Fabio is China and Shmool is India.

We also took Maus to the vet doctor. Didn't have to wheel her in, just yet. All appears to be well, and showtime grows tangibly near. About eight weeks to go until the balance of power is restored in our household: three furry people versus three not-so-furry people.

Accordingly, tomorrow we start childbirth classes. My expectations for this class have been set entirely by sitcoms of the 1980s. I expect to hear a laugh track every time I ask a stupid question.

And in-between and during and amongst all this doctoring, we (my new merry band of startup cohorts for the last 9 weeks, and I) launched our Website: www.MegaBuzz.com. Please do go check it out.

And as if all this out-and-aboutness and online crisis management weren't enough to fill a day, we also managed to take in the sublime mystery-comedy The Thin Man (“The murderer is right in this room, sitting at this table! You may serve the fish.”) and the Woody Allen mystery-comedy Scoop (”I was in the lounge, I heard you drowning. I finished my tea and scones and came immediately.“) With champagne — a glass for me; a thimble for Maus.

The Thin Man, of course, is one of the greatest movies of the 30s. Of all time, really. And Scoop was enjoyable enough, though I can't look at Ian McShane and not see Al Swearengen. And that's not such a bad thing.

Anyway, a disjointed and rambling post as well befits the kind of week I'm having. Don't forget: go visit MegaBuzz and say nice things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home