Wednesday, November 16

Statement of principles

Champagne's funny stuff. I'm used to whiskey. Whiskey's a slap on the back, and champagne's a heavy mist before my eyes.
~Macauley Connor, The Philadelphia Story

You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.
~Dean Martin

Let's get something to eat — I'm thirsty.
~Nick Charles, After the Thin Man

Now don't crowd me lady, or I'll fill up your shoe.
I'm a sweet bourbon daddy and tonight I am blue.
I'm a thousand years old, and I'm a generous bomb.
I'm t-boned and punctured, but I'm known to be calm.
~Bob Dylan, Please Mrs. Henry

2 Comments:

Blogger Brooke said...

Hold the phone! This wouldn't be my favorite Ballardite, would it? Hey baby! You done broke a leg offa your tripod!

November 17, 2005 8:25 PM  
Blogger Matt B. said...

Brooke, you are SO on top of things. Yep, trying something new -- my fellow Tripodders haven't been able to post for several months now, so it more or less turned into a one-man show.

So I set up a new blog for myself, one for my cat, and talked Maile into rebuilding her own site. It's Blogmania at the Bourbon House! NaBloBuMo, if you will.

Thanks for noticing! YOUR bar tab is on the house.

November 18, 2005 9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home